Tuesday 11 January 2011

Maya: Various Props Modelling

In our Studio Project, we have been extremely busy the last couple of days, to try to get the this animation out there! While I was concentrated on Set Modelling, my colleagues had other tasks, Ethan in the animation part, working exhaustively to create motion into the characters  and Shahbir getting the facial rigs ready so the characters can speak and have emotions. This is my excuse in which i havent been able to post updates on the blog, however to treat the followers out there I have some pictures of the models I have been doing.

To begin with is the long-awaited soldiers gun, for a few weeks the soldier wasn't able to combat the threat from the Invisible Cannibals, though with a little upgrade provided from me he is not able to face them.


Soldier Gun Model



To add to the model I have also created a control to move the gun around or even being thrown out and on the same control is a trigger attribute which moves the trigger for a shooting animation. With so many controls I have been creating lately, I dont doubt that someday my colleagues will call me a control freak... CONTROLS!!

The next on the list was the the props to add to the park, they will only serve to populate the life-size set of the park which I'm working on. So for this purpose I create some lamp post, some bins and some benches, this model, however didnt come from my head they were all based on designs I researched, and which will serve me as reference for texturing it.


Park Props Models


Park Props Models UV mapped



Lastly, it comes the main reason I have been so entertained with maya lately, I have been creating the miniature metropolis, however before placing the items I created them separately, then I would have a kind of store and could buy whatever I liked to the metropolis set. Being a miniature set it wont receive much detail,  however everything was UV mapped so I can create a hand made texture. 


Metropolis Props Models


Metropolis Props Models



The list for this miniature set is almost endless, I can remember I have done the 9 types of buildings, the huge bridge, the 2 variations of people's bridge, a car turner, I have created some miniature people based on the generic male model, roads, etc. 

And yet to come is the big surprise the final set all assembled together. Do not worry I will delivered while it is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment