Friday 8 October 2010

Concept Art: Space Station Pre-Eliminary Sketches

Space-station

My first sketches were based on retro 1950s space-stations and spaceships, unfortunately all these sketches had these alien feel to it.


Looking for a more humanoid approach, I decided to look for more straight lines and blocky shapes.


Once again, these designs weren't able to fit to the animation, due to its style belonging to a era a bit later in time, 1960s and 1970s. After deciding with my colleagues the style we were looking for, the whole idea of having a more rounded-shape space station was in order. So I was back to the drawing room coming with more designs, this time taking in consideration the style we were going for I came up with some more designs.

Definitely, the rounded shapes made the space station a lot different. This last sketch is the chosen design to develop further and clean up to create the space station.

No comments:

Post a Comment